Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Best PSA I have ever seen...


Everyone stop what you are doing and watch this.
PSAs are a part of PR that most people forget about, frankly I do have the time. However, May is National Melanoma Awareness Month. Melanoma is the most dangerous form of skin cancer, and it spreads fast. This PSA brought the reminder that PR people make them, and they make them well.

This PSA by the end gave me chills, made me cry, and truly concerned about the health of my skin. I learned more about melanoma and what to be aware of, and these stories really touched me. What was even more interesting was that when I shared this with my friends via Facebook, they were also just as shocked. Many of my friends said that they would never tan again. Now why this may not be true- it left that effect.

So my PR friends- when it comes to our tools and tactics, don't under estimate a strong PSA such as this one. It really can leave a more lasting effect than you may ever know.

For a direct link to the Youtube page click here.

Until next time,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the PSA. It shows that there are a lot of ways that we, as PR professionals, can get our message across. We aren't caged into a few mediums and the beauty of PR comes from finding the right ways to reach people with our message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loves PSA's. There is no bs in them and they are straight to the point. Many people say well they make you feel a certain way and sell you on emotion but who cares. Most PSA like this one are just trying to educate you on tings that you NEED to be concerned with. I love this tactic and cant wait to see how it is further developed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather Im so glad you shared this PSA.This is a stand out example of how effective PSAs can be. Not only did I cry but it also made me laugh which is an odd mix of emotions - but it worked! I felt engaged and it really hit home. It was serious enough to motivate me to think more about my skin but also had some light humor mixed in to ease the harsh reality cancer does bring. The message is clear and the target audience is apparent throughout the whole PSA. Job well done for sure. Great post!

    ReplyDelete